binfmt_002c (?)

I have a linux kernel complaining of not being able to find 'module
binfmt_002c' when I attempt to run a binary compiled (I think) for an old SCO
Unix 3.2v4.2 operating system. At any rate it will run on that SCO system.

Has anybody seen this animal, or is it a fig newton of the kernel's
imagination?

--
Bob Bernstein
at