Re: HELP please !

On Wed, 26 May 1999, Wolfgang Fink wrote:
> everybody told me how easy to unsubscribe from this list. I
> got very much mails with different instructions to
> unsubscribe from this list and I try'd it all, but nothing
> works.
[snip]

Wolfgang

If you have sent an email message to

	debian-user-request@lists.debian.org

with the subject line consiting of the single word

	unsubscribe

and an empty message body, the list software should unsubscribe
you.

If this fails (perhaps because you are not subscribed as the user
you are mailing from) then should use the account on the machine
you subscribed from to unsubscribe. There is syntax for
unsubscribing from another account than the one you used to
subscribe, but I can't find it here.

You may be able to use the web site, www.debian.org. Look for
support, then the mailinglist subscription. There you will find
the opportunity to unsubscribe.

You may wish to contact a human listmaster.  Direct your mail to
listmaster@debian.org or listmaster@va.debian.org There are two
machines in case one is off line. This person may help you.

Wishing you luck is ...

David

David Teague, dbt@cs.wcu.edu
Debian GNU/Linux Because software support is free, timely,
                 useful, technically accurate, and friendly.