Re: pon probs

tf writes:
> I just did pppconfig, then pon... I get somthing real close to "can't
> open shared libraries...libpwdb.so.0 ...does not exist... (I know that's
> not the exact message, but hopefully its close enough...)

Sounds like you have installed ppp-pam and somehow managed to not install a
library it needs.  That should not happen.  However, I doubt you need
ppp-pam anyway.  Remove it and install the ppp package.

> I did an ftp search, and downloaded libpwb.so.0.54..there's no file
> extention, so I don't know what it is...think it came off a redhat site
> or directory..If, indeed, this is the file or library or whatever that I
> need, how would I go about putting it where it goes?

Put it in the bit bucket.  If you want that library install the appropriate
Debian package.  I don't think you need it, though.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)