Re: debian version conventions

> This remains to be a mystery for me, I don't know hw I ended up
> confusing all the names, slink potato, hamm, beef, etc.. Now I
> go down to the source (i.e. ftp.debian.org) and try to figure out
> which kernel version is used in which name by looking at base
> packages.
>
> Can somebody clear this out by pointing the stable, unstable and
> old kernel versions, sorry for valuable cputimes I am consuming,
> Is there any plan on keeping this naming convention??

hamm is Debian version 2.0 and ships kernel 2.0.3? or 26 I forget
slink is Debian version 2.1 and ships kernel 2.0.36
  (it is current stable Debian)
potato is Debian version 2.2 and will ship kernel 2.2.? when the time comes
  (and is the current Debian unstable branch)

there is always a kernel-image package it will tell you which versions of the
kernel we ship.

The Debian version has nothing to do with the kernel version.

And is hamm, slink any worse the hedwig or apollo?