Slink - just want to upgrade XFree86 and Gnome

Hi

Well after several months in RedHat land (just to make it easy to keep
up with Gnome) I want to move back to Debian. I have some nice new
Debian 2.1 CDs but unfortunately 2.1 doesnt have XFree86 3.3.3 and I
need it on both my PCs (Matrox G200 and a laptop with a GL7555).

The question is how do I set up dselect or apt just to upgrade XFree86
and Gnome (and obviously any other dependencies). I don't want to
upgrade the whole installation to unstable just the two bits
mentioned. I would also like to retain the abilty to do an apt-get
update apt-get install to fixup the system with the latest patches
rather than for it to go get everything in unstable (which is what it
did when I just added the unstable dir to apt sources).

Thanks

Pat