Re: File Manager?

Quoting shadowze (shadowze@info66.com):
> After 2 days of reading I cant find the following. Keeping in mind Im a new
> user;
> 1) Where is the default download path for Lynx so I can find files I have
> downloaded.

It should be your home directory, aka ~ and /home/userid though if you're
root, it's /root not /home/root.

(Unlike windows, the concept of home directories is deeply embedded in
unix OSes.)

> 2) Is there a default file manager that comes with the base or optional
> install of Debian?
>    I have tried to download Midnight commander from the packages but as #1
> says I cant find the path. I have tried Emacs but is so slow to try to
> browse the files.

mc is good, but if you're fetching packages manually, then you need
libs/libgpmg1... as well as utils/mc... to satisfy a dependency.

Cheers,