Re: cp: /MS/test.txt: Operation not permitted when copying to a vfat partition ?

shaul:
> Can you tell what cp complains about ?

It can't chmod (I think) on the vfat partition. (vfat partitions don't have
permissions.)

You can avoid the error message for msdos and vfat partitions by mounting
them with the `quiet' option.

I haven't found a way to avoid the error message with samba disks.

> Now trying to copy test.txt to the vfat partition:
>
> [01:55:13 shaul]$ cp -v test.txt /MS/
> test.txt -> /MS/test.txt
> cp: /MS/test.txt: Operation not permitted
> [01:55:23 shaul]$ ls -l /MS/t*
> -rwxrwxr-x   1 root     dos             0 May 24 01:55 /MS/test.txt

Jiri
--
<jiri@baum.com.au>
We'll know the future has arrived when every mailer transparently