Re: duplicate posts?

On Tue, 25 May 1999, Pollywog wrote:

> Is everyone else getting duplicate posts?

If you are refering to the NDN messages, then yes.  Seems someone didn't
setup their server correctly (bounces should go to sender, not to list).
I just sent a message to the debian list master and the post master at
nm.nacion.co.cr.  nm.nacion.co.cr is timing out though, seems they are
having lots of problems, although it's probably slowing down the loop they
are having with our list server.  I'm probably the 1000th person to report
the problem, so others probably need not bother.

Otherwise, no, I'm not seeing dups.  Although I did get a cool double
download problem with fetchmail recently.  I started fetchmail in daemon
mode and immediatly after ran fetchmail to wake up the daemon.  Whatever
lock file that needed to be written hadn't started yet, so there was a
cool double downloading going on.  Actually, it wasn't too cool, it was
very annoying.  There can probably be some better file locking and pid
maintaining with that program (every once in a while, fetchmail is
convinced that fetchmail -q is pointless).

Have a good one,
Brandon