Re: DHCP and debian

Mark Wright wrote:

> I'm adding a debian workstation to our Windows network, and I'd like to use
> our DHCP server to assign it's ip-address, DNS servers, netmask, etc.  Is
> this possible?
>
> ---
> Mark Wright
> mwright@pro-ns.net
> mark_wright@datacard.com

I was going to let someone else answer this, but as I haven't seen any
response, I will answer, "Yes, it is possible." I've done it, but I
don't remember what was involved. Since I'm pretty new at *nix, it
couldn't have been too hard. I think I just used dselect to install the
dhcp (or maybe dhcpd?) package.

Maybe someone else answered you privately with more info, or maybe
someone else will respond after seeing my "technically correct, but
utterly useless"* answer.

*From the old "lost helicopter pilot at the Microsoft building joke".