2.1 Install halts

I try to install from the hard drive after copying the required files to a
directory (or even the root drive) and when I get to the Section on installing
the modules the install halts and says that it "failed to extract the Rescue
Disk".  I have given the applet all the paths to my Debian Archives which are on
the D: Drive (DOS) and I have even created a Linux Swap Partition.  Having
followed the direction in yopur installation guide I am at a loss as to how to
get any further.  Please reply.

Thanks,

James Voris
James Voris