XF86Setup incorrectly updates /etc/X11/XF86Config

Hi all!

I have this weird behavior of XF86Setup. I try to change the mouse
settings to "4 buttons" and "MouseManPlusPS/2" instead of "3 buttons"
and "PS/2". I go into the graphical mode, and change all the necessary
settings. Then I click Done, and so on, and it exits normally saying
that /etc/X11/XF86Config was written and the old one was renamed into
XF86Setup.bak.

Ok, I go into shell, and see by the time-stamp that the file indeed
has been updated. But inside, the "Pointer" sectino I invariablly see

Section "Pointer"
   Protocol        "PS/2"
   Device          "/dev/mouse"
   BaudRate        1200
   Emulate3Timeout 50
   Resolution      200
EndSection

After I edit it by hand to look like this:

Section "Pointer"
   Protocol        "MouseManPlusPS/2"
   Device          "/dev/mouse"
   Buttons         4
   Resolution      200
EndSection

everything works. But if I rerun XF86Setup, and confirm that I want to
use my existing file as a default, then change some parameters (not
even in the Mouse section; BTW the mouse info shows correctly in
there at this point), then save the changes, my XF86Config's "pointer"
sections reverts to the wrong settings.

I tried deleting the file altogether thinking that maybe it was
corrupt, then new file is created, and the same behavior is observed.

Any ideas, anyone? I'm getting sick of editing it by hand every time
(I'm experimenting with keyboard settings currently, and run XF86Setup
often).

TIA!
--
Arcady Genkin
"... without money one gets nothing in this world, not even a certificate