mounting nfs when server down

Hi!

	I now have a mini NIS-network with /home directories mounted from
a central server.

	Imagine this sceneraio: the two systems boot up together. The
server is slower while booting up and the clients can't mount the
nfs-partitions, but 2 minutes after the server is up and running.

	When my users try to log on the client machine, they can't because
their directories are not mounted.

	Is there a standard solution for this besides a cron'ed script
that looks for well-mounted directories?

	TIA!

-- p.