Re[2]: mail clients

John Foster <jfoster@augustmail.com> wrote:
> I don't want to break up this lively discourse but has anyone here
> tried
> the IshMail  Mail client? I am about to try it but want to know if
> there
> are homemade .debs around or if I will have to make them myself.

Yes, I use it all the time. I posted here and in the newsgroups about it
and I am beginning to feel I am in everyone's kill file or something!!

Ishmail is the *best* email app I have found for Linux - it does
everything I could possibly ask of it, and having read the thread here
would imagine it would be the one app to look at. I use fetchmail and
procmail and Ishmail to read the mail. Ishmail can work with the three
types of mailboxes, unix file, mh folders and MMDF. It can do things
like put different from headers on certain mails etc. etc. Nice
interface. The folder icons show whether new mail is available.

What is even better is that it is now free. H&L are folding and are
inviting applications for the source code.

Let me know how you get on with it!

--
Phillip Deackes
gsmh@gmx.net