Re: booting dos and linux

I just took my extra windows space and carved it out with the Deb install
and started dual booting this weekend.  I used FDISK after I got Deb up and
running and made them both bootable and LILO seemed to take over and do
it's job. One finger and 2 keys and I select which to boot.
I'm guessing that you could run FDISK to cut a dos partition out and add
the boot flag to it and boot Debian off a floppy after removing it's boot
flag.. This is where I chicken out because I had a heck of a time getting a
floppy to boot but I didnt have the full system so I would make sure I had
a good boot floppy first.

Shadowze

At 12:11 PM 5/23/99 +0300, per_adua32 wrote:

>Hello!!!
>
>I intend to add a dos partition to my hardisk.
>
>Can anyone give me any advice about what installation
>options I should choose so that I could boot dos by default
>(my kids want to play when I'm at work) and Linux optionally.
>
>Or would I need to edit the liloconfig file after installation.
>
>Any help much appreciated.
>
>T:per_adua32
>

>--
/dev/null

=NOTICE TO BULK E-MAILERS PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE BULK E-MAILING THIS
ADDRESS=
Pursuant to US Code, Title 47, Chapter 5, Subchapter II, p.227, any and all
non-solicited commercial E-mail sent to this address is subject to a
download and archival fee in the amount of $500 US.  Anyone who sends
unsolicited commercial e-mail to this account will be charged a $500
proofreading fee.  Consider this official notification.  Failure to abide
by this will result in legal action.
For a complete summary of this Legislation see

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d105:SN01618:@@@