Re: SCSI card driver setup: how?

On Sun, 23 May 1999, Hans van den Boogert wrote:

> I've got an Initio 9100S SCSI card, which is not recognized by Linux out
> right or build in the kernel setup. On the web site of Initio
> (http://www.initio.com) there is a Linux page with drivers. I downloaded
> the lx_91w.zip package which contains three files...
> - ini9100.c
> - ini9100.h
> - ini9100.lib
> There was no description on how to install them that I could find on the
> site, so could someone give me a hint on where to start? Thanks.

I don't think Initio support is in the kernel until 2.0.37 which has still
not been released yet. 2.2 supports it. I followed Initio's instructions
on 2.0.36 but could not get the driver to work. It should have also
included a patch with the files to add initio support into the config.

George Bonser

Welcome to Wit's End