Bus error in Netscape

I have 16MB of swap space on the primary hard disk , /dev/hda
(where
/ is mounted as well as the rest of the file systems) and 116MB of
swap space on /dev/hdb.
Actually, I had been using /dev/hda. Then when netscape gave
me a bus error, I connected the second hard disk and ran
cfdisk, and dedicated it entirely to swap...Should I have run
some other commands..Since no file system was being mounted in
it, I did not think this was the need..But one of the experts
among you would know for sure..
When I run Netscape as a command on the command line, this is
what I get:
bash-2.01$ netscape
Netscape: Ignoring unsupported netscape contenttype in user
mailcap file.
Warning:
    Cannot allocate colormap entry for default background

Warning:
    Cannot allocate colormap entry for default background

Bus error
bash-2.01$

I even tried 'netscape -visual 0x23', but in vain..
And when I click on the Netscape icon, I get nothing.
Oh yeah..and if I click on it again, I get a message saying
that another user is running netscape as process id xxx, and
it tells me to delete /home/mcoelho/.netscape/lock file.

I have 16Mb of RAM.

mozilla runs fine except for the fact that it complains that
this and that color is not found, and it does not display
images, and is slow..but that's probably because my modem
is a 33Kbps modem. I installed both xli and imagemagick but
still can't see images.

Anyone has any suggestions???

Thanks,
Michelle