Re: strange msg in bootup

On Friday 21 May, Dan Willard wrote:

> The route command now requires a netmask.  Just add one in to both of the
> route commands and it should go away.

if you read the 2.2 docs in /usr/src/linux/Changes (or whatever it's
called) then you should find a bit that tells you that routes for local
interfaces are added automatically by the kernel. comment out the
"route..." lines in /etc/init.d/network and the problem should go away.

> > Following is a listing of my /etc/rcS.d/S40network file, hope it will
> > help:

unusually, I was right - they're uncommented - stick a "#" infront of
the two "route..." lines (S40network is just a link to the
init.d/network file by the way).

--
Graham