Re: PPP & Multicast

That's strange. All my ppp interfaces have multicast set on the interface. In fact,
ppp.c shows:

static int
ppp_init_dev (struct device *dev)
{
        dev->hard_header_len  = PPP_HDRLEN;

        /* device INFO */
        dev->mtu              = PPP_MTU;
        dev->hard_start_xmit  = ppp_dev_xmit;
        dev->open             = ppp_dev_open;
        dev->stop             = ppp_dev_close;
        dev->get_stats        = ppp_dev_stats;
        dev->do_ioctl         = ppp_dev_ioctl;
        dev->addr_len         = 0;
        dev->tx_queue_len     = 10;
        dev->type             = ARPHRD_PPP;

        dev_init_buffers(dev);

        dev->flags = IFF_POINTOPOINT | IFF_NOARP | IFF_MULTICAST;

        return 0;
}

So it would *always* get set. What kernel are you running?