Cannot launch netscape

Hi all,

I downloaded and installed netscape binary, but when I tried to run it,
it said 'unknown command.  I am positive that /usr/X11R6/bin is in the
path in .profile, but still, I tried /usr/X11R6/bin/netscape again.  This
time it told me there is no such drectory or file, which is obviously not
true.  I suspect my X windows has some problems.  Since I cannot launch
WordPerfect either.  Also, the prompt shows "bash-2.01#" instead of just
"#".  And, there is no bar around the x terminal for me to scroll or drag
around.  I also tried to set fvwm95 as the windows manager, to no sucess
so far.  Would appreciate any help.  Thanks!

Best wishes,
Chip