Re: GNOME vs. KDE

In a message dated 5/21/99 3:13:29 PM Central Daylight Time,
bradleyb@u.washington.edu writes:

> > (Enlightenment is currenlty the only window-manager that fully supports
>  > GNOME).
>
>  this might be true to a degree, but it is a gross overstatement to say
>  that GNOME requires one to use Enlightenment.  I'm using Gnome with icewm,
>  and it runs well enough (on a P75) to use full-time.  It's fast and
>  stable.
>  If I need to run in 8bpp color mode, I use fvwm, and I'm still not
>  missing out on much.

You're quite right, and my statement didn't intend to imply that
Enlightenment was your only choice; I'm just quoting the GNOME docs.  Also, I
believe icewm is next in line as far as full-support-of-GNOME goes.

Frankly, I would't know the difference...  I haven't run GNOME enough to find
the incompatible functions.  ;)

-Jay