Re: Debian 1.3 and Y2K compliance

On Fri, May 21, 1999 at 13:28:47 +0100, Richard.Heggs@aah.co.uk wrote:
> My company has just discovered that one of our branches is running Debian
> version 1.3.  The company is quite happy for them to do so, but needs to
> know if vanilla Debian 1.3 is year 2000 compliant.

For general information regarding Debian 1.3 and Y2K issues, see
http://www.debian.org/News/1998/19980104 . More detailed information (mostly
pertaining to the current release) is available at
http://www.debian.org/y2k/

For info on Y2K issues in Open Source software in general, see
http://www.gnu.org/software/year2000.html ,
http://www-th.phys.rug.nl/~schut/gnulist.html ,
http://www.linux.org.uk/mbug.html ,
http://www.hex.net/~cbbrowne/linuxy2k.html ,
http://language.perl.com/news/y2k.html and
http://www.linux.org/help/beginner/year2000.html .

Hope this helped,
Ray
--
J.H.M. Dassen                 | RUMOUR  Believe all you hear. Your world may
jdassen@wi.LeidenUniv.nl      | not be a better one than the one the blocks