*.debs for GNOME, apps, Mozilla, KDE...

Hi all,

Just started a new job in a telecomms company today and to my surprise found a CD recorder in my desktop workstation.  It seems there's no problem with my doing serious downloads so let the search for toys begin!

I installed slink, my first working Linux installation, last Wednesday.

Comments please; is Enlightenment stable and working?  It looks great but nothing seems to work on it for me.  A url of a good version in *.deb format would be appreciated.

I installed GNOME using apt-get install and a subdirectory called ~jim on the debian site. Is there a similiar one for Enlightenment? Is ~jim still the best place to get GNOME and the gtk apps for Debian?

KDE have a *.deb release in a folder called hamm on their uk mirror.  It seems hamm is the release before slink.  Is this set of *.debs likely to work with slink?

Should I remove all references to GNOME and Enlightenment from my system before upgrading?

Last (I hope question) lets imagine I put all the GNOME stuff on one CD and all the KDE stuff on another; is there an apt-get install EVERYTHING on the CD command?

Apologies for the barrage of questions.  Thanks in advance,

Patrick