Re: StarOffice 5.1 SOLVES Glibc 2.1 (potato) incompatibility

> Where are you downloading is from. On www.stardivision.com the
> download area is closed.

> Sean wrote:

> > no it's not, I'm downloading SO5.1 right now . . .
> >
> > I'm at 75% -- woo hoo!
> >
> > Sean
> >
> > Pollywog wrote:

As a proof it works, I'm writing this very message under SO5.1/potato.

> > > I just found the download site, but it is closed for a day or so.

Use babelfish to fight your way around the german pages. Worked for me
anyway.

On the glibc compatibility, StarOffice seems less stable using
glibc2.1 than it was the days I had slink/SO50, my guess being they
haven't yet finished coverting it.

In particular, the threaded view in my Inbox has crashed 3 times in
the last 5 minutes, and viewing e-mails unthreaded is ugly, IMHO.

Christian Lavoie
clavoie@enter-net.com
UIN: 947212