Re: Equivs and Mail problem

>> "DM" == Damon Muller <damon@empire.net.au> writes:

DM> Why am I getting all those unresolved dependencies? I thought that
DM> was what equivs was for?

The version in slink does not work well with apt. You installed a new
equivs package with different dependencies, but there is a equivs with
the same version on the ftp mirrors, so apt doesn't take the info from
the local package, but from the one on the mirror, so it doesn't see
the changed dependencies.

The best way to solve this is to install the equivs package available
in unstable. It will build truly new packages, so the config scheme is
different to the one in stable, but also more flexible. Check
README.Debian and the examples in the subdirectory.

Ciao,
	Martin