Re: CDROM Installation problems

Hi,

On Tue, 18 May, 1999 à 04:16:44PM -0500, Michelle Coelho wrote:
[...]
> The BIOS setup has provisions for 2 IDE drives, but when I set the second
> to auto-detect, it can't sense the CDROm.
> Also, the CDROM (Matsushita-Kotobuki) is 4x IDE CR-563-B.

I don't think that CR-563-B are IDE device

> It has 4 jumper settings.

I own a CR-562-B, it's *not* an IDE device. It also has 4 jumpers setting
that are labeled id0 id1 id2 id3. They're used when you want to plug more
than one CD to the same interface (aka what you do with scsi devices). My
driver came with a lasermate interface but work fine with a Mozart soundcard
(Opti Mad16 or Mad16Pro would be fine too)

> I put the jumper in all 4 positions abd connected the CDROm to the first
> IDE drive as slave to the hard disk, but in all cases the BIOS could not
> find the hard disk controller. The hard disk had the jumper set in the

This is probably due to the fact that your CD-ROM driver is not an IDE
device.

--
 ( >-   Laurent PICOULEAU                                      -< )
 /~\       lcrpic@a2points.com                                  /~\