Re: Kernel 2.2.x: PPP routing problem?

 > I had the same problem.. IP masquerade isn't re-reading
 > the firewall rules after the link goes down.  Creating a
 > null /etc/{wherever}ipmasqueradeislocatedinthisdirectory/ppp
 > .file.
 >
 > touch /etc/ipmasq/ppp .. That should solve your problem.. ;)
 >
 > If that doesn't work, uninstall ipmasq because you probably
 > don't need it anyway.

I don't have IP masquerading installed/set up... I always do a base install
(using the basic 28 megs option), and add what I need after that -- which
fits neatly into less than 100Mb (~78 now I think).

I've done a dpkg -l .gz and whacked it up on my web space, just in case you
don't believe me :-)

http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~dufas/dpkg.gz (a massive 3.12k)

ipchains/SSH will be next on my list when I sort this thing out.

Good idea, but... naaaaah.

 >BTW: STOP REINSTALLING.. :)

Sorry, can't help it :-) I like having a neat filesystem. Compared to what
my room looks like right now that's actually bit strange ;-)

Au revoir...
  Kris

PS. Don't blame me if anything gets HTMLised in these e-mails -- Eudora
sucks when it doesn't ask me "ONLY plain text *ever*?"