Re: Aliases in .bashrc

Hi!
First: Please don't write HTML-Mails. Plain text is smaller files and readable
by everybody.

> alias mcd='mount /dev/hdb /cdrom|cd /cdrom'

Why do you use the pipe command?
Simply type somthing like:
alias mcd='mount /dev/hdb /cdrom ; cd /cdrom'
and, if your cdrom is mentioned in /etc/fstab, you do not need to specify
the device everytime you want to mount it but only 'mount /cdrom'

> This didn't work and I wonder if this is because aliases can only execute
> one bash command, or if I did something wrong.

You did sth. wrong :-)

> The solution, I guess, would be to write a shell script and make the
> alias point to that, but I think one line aliases are neater.

For a shell script, you would encounter the same prob if you use the
pipe-command.

> Hans</bigger></fontfamily>

trapstep
If you wanna contact me for any reason, do it!
You'll reach me at:
	mailto:	trapstep@gmx.net
	ICQ#:	21753787
	Phone:	ask me :-)

fortune of the day:
I want to reach your mind -- where is it currently located?