Re: Separate list for newbies

The problem is how do you know when you've ceased to be a newbie.  I think the Debian
folks are some of the friendliest to newbies, and as a result I think they (the
Debian folks) tend to have the best mailing-lists & newsgroups.  Newbie
lists/newgroups seem (to me at least) to be not much more than massive flame-fests.
In my opinion the best thing for a newbie is to jump right in there with the
"big-boys".  Sure you might get harshly reprimanded for not reading the documentation
a few times, but at least you'll get some real advice instead of half-baked
pseudo-advice from pounds of people who wish they knew what was going on.

Sorry to rant, but I think the sequestering of newbies has pretty severe fundamental
problems.

Sean