Re: CDROM Installation problems

Michelle Coelho wrote:

> The BIOS setup has provisions for 2 IDE drives, but when I set the second
> to auto-detect, it can't sense the CDROm.

Uhu, quite old no?

> I put the jumper in all 4 positions abd connected the CDROm to the first
> IDE drive as slave to the hard disk, but in all cases the BIOS could not
> find the hard disk controller.

So there's a conflict, obvious, no?

> The hard disk had the jumper set in the middle slot (as master, right?)

The position is different from one manufacture to another; even from one serie
to another!

Are you sure the CD-ROM doesn't need a second jumper to be set in slave mode?
Is your HD (alone) well auto-recognized by the bios?

JY

--
"Jean-Yves BARBIER"   jybarbier@wanadoo.fr
"Les choses ne sont pas toujours ce que l'on voudrait qu'elles soient qu'elles