Re: possible bug in sysvinit?

In foo.debian-user, you wrote:
> The problem is this:
>
> I've got a UPS daemon (mgeupsd, not debianized, but I might work on
> that if I can get this problem resolved.)
>
> It works fine when the power fails: it writes FAIL to /etc/powerstatus
> and sends SIGPWR to init.  init then looks at these lines in inittab:

If you feel like tweaking the source of mgeupsd, there is a much
better (IMHO) way to report power events to init.  Just write
to the /dev/initctl pipe and you can avoid all status files in /etc
and all SIGPWR signals.  Much cleaner (and easier to debug...)
See bpowerd source for example.

Sorry if this isn't directly helpful,
-Mitch