Does cdparanoia swaps channels?

Hello.

A few days ago I reported a bug saying that cdparanoia (and cdda2wav, on
which cdparanoia was based) swaps channels when translating a CD track
to a .wav file.

I later closed the bug because of "lack of evidence", but now I have more
"proofs" that this could be indeed the case and not just a problem in my
machine.

I have a CD having a track saying "this is the left channel" and "this is
the right channel". I put this track into a .wav file using cdparanoia and
the following happens:

1. When played by wavp or bplay, the channels sound reversed.
2. When I see the result by using xwave, the right channel appears first,
then the left channel.
3. If I convert the .wav to .mp3 using bladeenc and then hear the result
using mpg123 with option -0, I hear the right channel.
With option -1, I hear the left channel.

Before I reopen the bug, could anybody having a test CD
confirm/deny this behaviour?

Thanks.

--
 "5673258429099c5bb8189db3b799baee" (a truly random sig)