Re: laser postscript BW printer versus ink jet printer.

I got a lexmark optra e310, which is a postscript laser printer at
buycomp.com for about $375.  Its great.  I printed 140 pages last
night without a hiccup.  Inkjets will eat you up for the cartridges if
you print many pages.  it does 8ppm.

without the postscript option, its less than $300, and its supports
pcl6, so it would work fine with ghostscript.