(Fwd) Re: Puzzling Problem with Parallel Port

Hmmm.. I compiled in the parport and lp modules, and the items for
parallel port support.

Is there anyway I can check what IRQ or address space the module
thinks it is supposed to be using?

JEB

YOU WROTE

Yup -- you're probably not used to this new parport thing that was
introduced in 2.1 and now is in 2.2 --- but it needs to be compiled with
the kernel --

Look it general options or something -- you need to enable parport devices
-- then go to character devices and you'll be able to enable PC style
parallel port.

It should automatically recognize your port as soon as you recompile and
reboot!

Now if only I could get make-kpkg to work with 2.2.9 :(

-abr