Re: Ethernet help

Actually, it's not quite that easy to setup your nic.  You need to know
what you irq and io port your card uses to set it up.  Then, you need to
edit your conf.modules and add these lines:

alias eth0 ne
options ne irq=xx io=0xXXX

where the x's stand for the respective irq and io address.  Also, you need
to compile your nic as a module.  In this case, it will be ne.o.  Make
sure you modularize the isa ne2000 driver if you have an isa card and same
goes for pci.  Then when you reboot, if should find your nic and you'll be
off and running.  You technically don't have to reboot to get the nic up
and running unless you have to compile your kernel.

								Rob