Re: enscript

On Tue, May 18, 1999 at 01:13:20 +0000, angus claydon wrote:
>   Could anyone tell me where enscript queues  print jobs
>   if its  not somewhere  in /var/spool;   ?

It uses lpr, which queues in /var/spool/lpd/<printername> .

>   By testing  enscripting a  gif file to the printer  my deskjet is
>   insisting on trying to print  300  garbage pages ....

Enscript is for producing PostScript from /text/ files. If you want a way to
print GIF files, install e.g. magicfilter, and use lpr.

HTH,
Ray
--
PATRIOTISM  A great British writer once said that if he had to choose
between betraying his country and betraying a friend he hoped he would