Re: telepath modem with x2 (making me crazy)

On Sun, 16 May 1999, Paul Nathan Puri wrote:

> I've tried everything to make this modem work.
>
> I have two modems to use one is a Boca logic 33.6, it uses a
> Rockwell chip.  The other is a USR Sportster clone with x2.
>
> I also have a NE2000 clone NIC card.  I'm trying to make the modem work first.
>
> When the kernel boots is reports two devices
> 1.  tty00 at 0x03f8 (irq = 4) is a 16450
> 2.  tty01 at 0x02f8 (irq = 3) is a 16450
>
> I've tried configuring /etc/isapnp.conf for the modem to be irq 3, 5, 9.
>
> With varying degrees of success in making isapnp to recognize the cards,
> wvdialconf nor pppconfig ever sees the modem.
>
> I'm told I must 'jumper' the modem; I don't know how to do this
> nor do I have documentation as to how.  What can I do?

Nate

If you need board documentation, try the manufacturers' web sites.
That has provided me with significant information on several
boards.  (motherboard, sound card, video boards, etc)

RE: NE2000 clones: We have had little luck getting NE2000 clones
to work here with Linux and recent machines. I don't understand
it. Our solution was to buy 3Com cards.

Sorry about the negativity: I trust others will provide more
specific, _positive_ help. The best of luck to you!

--David
David Teague, dbt@cs.wcu.edu
Debian GNU/Linux Because software support is free, timely,
                 useful, technically accurate, and friendly.
		 (Hope this qualifies.)