Re: making linux look bad

On Mon, 17 May 1999, Michael Beattie wrote:

> On Sat, 15 May 1999, David B.Teague wrote:
>
> > perhaps from whence you are down loading)
>                ^^^^^^
> Sorry about the excess bandwidth killer, but is it whence or whom?

Hi Michael

Never say bandwidth killer about an English language issue.  It is
"from whence" or "from where", as "whom" refers to a person.  I
think "from whence" may be a little stilted, but I tend to that
sometimes.

Thanks!

David Teague, dbt@cs.wcu.edu
Debian GNU/Linux Because software support is free, timely,
                 useful, technically accurate, and friendly.
                        (Thanks guys!)