Re[2]: Dselect odd behaviour

Dan Nguyen <nguyend7@cse.msu.edu> wrote:
> In article <slrn7jti62.80e.djh59@divad.chu.cam.ac.uk> you wrote:
> : I'm using dselect under potato using apt to ftp://sunsite.org.uk/
> : and something strange seems to have happened. I did an 'update' and
> : now all the descriptions have disappeared. Also most of the packages
> : I don't have installed have gone. I've tryed updating again but to
> : no avail. Any hints on how to deal with this?

Strange things happening here too. I am using the following
sources.list:

deb ftp://unix.hensa.ac.uk:/mirrors/debian unstable main contrib
non-free
deb http://ftp1.us.debian.org/debian unstable main contrib
non-free

When I tried to install mutt, I got this:

Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Package mutt has no available version, but exists in the database.
This typically means that the package was mentioned in a dependency and
never uploaded, or that it is an obsolete package.
E: Package mutt has no installation candidate

Whatever package I try, I get the same response. If I access the hensa
site manually via Netscape, all the packages are there and accessible.

Any ideas?

--
Phillip Deackes
gsmh@gmx.net