XKB problem - Please help

I have been trying to solve this problem for some time now but to no
avail.
When i use the XKB extentions for X and i try to set scroll-lock
to mode-lock from XF86Config it doesn't do anything.
xkeycaps doesn't have mode-lock at all.
Also when i try to set up the keboard with xkeycaps to output hebrew
letters (character codes above 128 - i think it's suposed to start at 224
under linux) I don't get any output under any program for these
characters.
I really need to be able to use these characters (for searches undre
netscape mainly).
If anyone can please help me.
Also, is it possible to change the default font under X?
(I'm using enlightment with gnome).
Thanx