Re: PPP problems.

In message <[🔎] 87675uidk8.fsf@hasler.dhh>John Hasler writes
>Daniel Sladic writes:
>> Anyone know offhand what is causing this problem or what I can do to
>> figure out what is the problem?
>
>Did you run pppconfig?  If so, post your /etc/chatscripts/provider,
>/etc/ppp/peers/provider, and the output of the 'plog' command.  If not, put
>the options file back the way it was and run pppconfig.
>--

 Well, I got it to work but I am no less confused. pppconfig by itself was
not a help, but I found out if I use a chatscript rather than logging in
manually it worked. In the latter case, I just commented out the connect
line in the options file. Of course I was doing the logging in manually
to make sure the problem wasn't in the chatscripts. Now does that make
any sense?

 Oh, and it didn't help that the pon man page doesn't say it takes arguments.

 Dan.