Re: Kernel 2.2.x: PPP routing problem?

Kris writes:
> Problem: PPP works fine under kernel 2.0.36; under 2.2.x it connects, but
> it seems like no packets go in or out.

Ppp is known to have problems with 2.2.X.

> ...not _any_ remote IPs (including my nameservers).

How about the far end of the ppp link?

> -am and -vj make no difference.

Option names have changes and the old ones may not be supported anymore.
To turn off compression use 'nobsdcomp', 'nodeflate', and 'novj'.  I no
longer recall what '-am' did.  Check the man page.

As a long shot, try turning off all compression.