Re: packages for dialing isp

In a message dated 5/13/99 5:24:17 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
pollywog@shadypond.com writes:

> How about x-isp or kppp (for KDE users)?  If you use x-isp (you can search
>  "xisp" on Yahoo for the URL) you will first need to install xforms.
>
>  I might have the URL for x-isp.  I will send it to you if I find it.
>  kppp is for KDE but xisp will work with any window manager.

YMMV - I tried KPPP (I do have KDE installed) and could never get a
successfull connection.  I can dial using any other means without problems,
but KPPP refuses to do the job.  XISP is nice, but I couldn't get it to dial
over 38,000kbps for me for some reason.  WVDial is what I use now.  It's not
graphic, but does the job, and does it well.  I'd love to find an app that
works AND will dock in KDE's panel - but so far, no such luck.

-Jay