Re: diald and kernel 2.2.5

On Fri, 14 May 1999, Pollywog wrote:

> I installed kernel 2.2.5 on Slink, and I have a problem with diald but not
> with pppd.
>
> This is from my syslog:
>
> diald uses obsolete (PF_INET,SOCK_PACKET)
> cat uses obsolete /proc/pci interface
> sl0: transmit timed out, bad line quality?
>
> It does work most of the time, but not always.
>
> Also, even though I said Y to IP forwarding, I cannot use IP masq until I enter
> echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
>
> I placed this at the end of my ipchains rules.  It works, but I do have that
> problem with diald.

I might try grabbing the source packages for diald and cat from potato but
compiling them under slink. An easy way to do this might be to get the
.orig.gz, the .dsc and .diff for each source package and put them in their
own directories. Then you would do a:

dpkg-source -x <package>.dsc which will create a new subdirectory with the
debianized source. Then just cd to that subdir and do a:

build

to create a new .deb in the parent directory. Install that and see if it
works.

If you have compile problems, it might be a libc6.0 vs. libc6.1 problem.