Re: sshd

On Thu, 13 May 1999, Christopher J. Morrone wrote:

> Yes, I do plan on logging into the laptop remotely.  And I don't want to
> remove the daemon from the startup...I just don't want it to pause for 5
> minutes when there is no network. :)  Why exactly does sshd freeze on
> startup, is it trying to do a DNS lookup or something?

If I'm right, it's probably generating an RSA key. This is not only done
on startup though. OTOH, one would think this would be a background
process, and you shouldn't wait for it at bootup.

I never noticed such a freeze personally.

--nico

--:: scratch at ace.ulyssis.student.kuleuven.ac.be ::-----------------
--:::::::::::::::::::::::::: Linux - Free power for the masses :::::::