Re: sound card trouble.

> Edson Santos wrote:
>
> On my Opti930 sound card the device manager shows a yellow exclamation
> mark by the Opti930 Sound/OPL3 Device.  In the device status it says
> that it has a (code 10).  I have changed the IRQ and DMA I have had
> trouble for a long time please could you advise me.  And could I
> install a new sound card and would it conflict like the one I have.

You're asking a Linux list for help on (apparently) Windows.

Nonetheless, what I'd suggest doing is seeing if the card has a
DOS-based diagnostic program; run it to verify the hardware and settings
are okay. Then I'd suggest getting the newest correct drivers for the
card; I've seen lots of instances where the wrong driver is installed
because the names are all so similar ("ATI Rage II+ vs ATI Rage II
Plus"); 85% of the time having the correct driver will solve these kinds
of problems.

If that doessn't help, you might seek out a mailing list that caters to
Windows, or alternatively (and better), dump Windows and install Debian
GNU/Linux and I'm sure this list will be more than happy to help you get
your sound card working.