Backups

Hi

I'm trying to backup some of the machines that we have arround here.

We have one machine with a tape.

My first attempt was to backup just the machine with the tape (wich  is
a critical one since it has all the users home's ) with taper, but taper
kept segfaulting so nothing was achieved.

Then I tryed to use amanda, but when i told it to backup the whole of
/home it stopped saying that the whole backup wouldn't fit in one tape.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how do i solve my problem.

P.S. I know i could do it with tar or dump, wich eventually will be used
if i can't find another way, but we really would like something with a
greater level of user-friendliness

Thanks
--
        Mario Filipe