Re: I'm still in tears: SB64 still not there

I have a SB64 and I know it can be a hassle to set up so here is a copy
of my isapnp.conf file...

I don't like carrying a lot of baggage so I just deleted the extra junk
in this file instead of uncommenting the good stuff. I think its pretty
wise to stick with the kernel that you have for the reasons that you
stated- 2.2 still needs isapnp so you really wouldn't help yourself
because like you said your problem is probably with this file.  2.0.36
will work just fine- you just need to get this file right, which can be
a pain.

First off, it looks like it found your SB card and you just need to pick
the correct irq, dma, etc. there is a lot of extra crap in your file
that I deleted and mine works fine so you could probably delete that too
(easier to read).  The DMA, IRQ stuff I am using is mostly right out of
the SB book so yours will probably be similar if not exactly the same,
however the number after "CONIFIGURE" ie.-

(CONFIGURE CTL00b2/182222083 (LD 0
#     ANSI string -->Audio<--

is not the same in your file- that is what you needed the isapnpdump or
whatever its called is to get this value for YOUR computer, (notice that
this is pretty much the only thing not commented out in the file ;)  The
IRQ, DMA you can get from the SB book or windows 95 if you have that
configured on this computer, if not I would try the values from the SB
book.

Notice that I deleted everything until I came to one of the "CONFIGURE"
lines and then I entered the needed values for that parameter (midi,
sound, game, whatever), and left the "CONFIGURE" line that isapnpdump
gave me.

Good luck with it- remember that you have to load soundbanks and use
AWEmidi to use midi because its a wavetable card, most of your midi
players won't work, only the one for AWE.

Laters :)

# $Id: pnpdump.c,v 1.1.1.2 1998/01/07 05:17:47 fred Exp $
# This is free software, see the sources for details.
# This software has NO WARRANTY, use at your OWN RISK
#
# For details of this file format, see isapnp.conf(5)
#
# For latest information on isapnp and pnpdump see:
# http://www.roestock.demon.co.uk/isapnptools/
#
# Compiler flags: -DREALTIME -DNEEDSETSCHEDULER -DNEEDNANOSLEEP
#
# Trying port address 0203
# Trying port address 020b
# Board 1 has serial identifier 9c 0a dc 7d 03 b2 00 8c 0e

# (DEBUG)
(READPORT 0x0020b)
(ISOLATE)
(IDENTIFY *)

# Card 1: (serial identifier 9c 0a dc 7d 03 b2 00 8c 0e)
# Vendor Id CTL00b2, Serial Number 182222083, checksum 0x9C.
# Version 1.0, Vendor version 1.0
# ANSI string -->Creative SB AWE64 Gold<--
# Vendor defined tag:  73 02 45 40
#
# Logical device id CTL0044

(CONFIGURE CTL00b2/182222083 (LD 0