Re: 8 Newbie Questions

Look at the Linux Documentation Project, in particular `The Linux
Users' Guide' and `Installation and Getting Started Guide'

(http://research.iphil.net/LDP/mirrors.html for a list of mirrors)

> 1) How do I move from one partitioned drive to another? How do I know the
> drive letters to use too?

There are no letters.  The partitions are `mounted' at various
directory mount points configured in /etc/fstab

> 2) How do I copy files from my floppy drive to my partitioned debian drive?

This would mount it under directory /mnt:

$ su
<enter root passwd>
# mount -t msdos /dev/fd0 /mnt

You can also include it on /etc/fstab like so:

/dev/fd0                /A              vfat    user,noauto

and then any user can mount it.  Not I used `vfat' here instead
of type msdos, but that only works if compiled into the kernel.

>                                                                       tried
> to access 'man man' to read the manual (but get an error "can't open the
> manpath configuration file /etc/manpath.config"),

Looks like it's not properly installed.  Find the `man-db' package
and install it (dpkg -i man-db*)

Peter