Glibc 2.1 and JAVA - success

I upgraded my Slink distribution to glibc 2.1. I had the usual problems
with Applixware and Java, and have just solved the latter by downloading
JDK 1.1.7 for glibc 2.1 from the following site:

 http://shell.ncm.com/~kreilede/

The download is 18 MB. It is a tar.gz file and means that JDK does not
get managed by the Debian package manager. However, there is no
compiling involved, just unzipping and untarring the files somewhere on
your system. If you put the files in /usr/lib/jdk1.1/ you should find it
is a drop-in replacement for the .deb versions and classpaths etc.
should still work fine.

I have only tested it so far with Moneydance, and this works fine.

Hope this helps someone.

--
Phillip Deackes
gsmh@gmx.net