Kernel patches needed for running Informix Dynamic Server Linux Edition

Hi all!

I'm posting this message in debian-user and debian-testing since
it relates both to slink and to potato so excuse me if you
get it twice.

I'd like to know where can I find the patches to recompile the kernel
2.0.36 and/or 2.2.x so that the system supports more open files.

I'm trying to install Informix IDS Linux Edition on a pair of
Debian systems (one with slink and other with potato) and the
database server breaks. People at Informix and other users say
that some patches are needed and point me to a RedHat URL that
are useless to me. They also say that the 2.2.5 that comes with
RH6.0 already has been patched to work with Informix and Oracle.

Are those patches available in Debian? If not, anyone knows where
to find them?

Thanks in advance,

Fernando
--